Forklift Truck Operator Refresher Course (D1 or D2)
Keep your skills up to date and up to speed with this 1 day course.
On completion of the course in addition to having covered the latest safety code, you will have completed a theory test and received familiarisation or corrective training covering such topics as driving and steering, stacking, de-stacking, load handling and the fitting and use of attachments.
To refresh job safety knowledge, and give corrective remedial and tests to counterbalance forklift truck operators who though previously trained and certificated may require a short safety refresher course, to maintain the correct standards of operation at an acceptable level.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- LOLER 1998
- PUWER 1998
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls
- Short DVD
- Knowledge Examination
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden, unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
Course Duration: 5 hours
As a result of successful completion of the training & tests delegates will receive full certification.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 3 per Instructor
To book or make an enquiry, Call NOW!
08443510816 | [email protected]
forklift Training on 08443510816