Counterbalance Training Course (B1)
Forklift Truck Operator Counterbalance (Novice Course):
Learn how to safely and effectively operate a forklift truck in 3-5 days.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of counterbalance trucks. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking, racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
To teach the basic skill requirement and associated job safety knowledge to operators of counterbalance forklift trucks, to delegates with less than 6 months or no previous operating experience on rider type lift trucks. At the end of the course, successful delegates should be able to operate the machine both safely and efficiently.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- LOLER 1998
- PUWER 1998
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
- Short DVD
- Knowledge Examination
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Maneuvring
- Advanced Maneuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
Course Duration: 3-5 days dependent on number of candidates per course and competency of candidates
As a result of successful completion of the training & tests delegates will receive full certification.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 3 per Instructor
To book or make an enquiry, Call NOW!
08443510816 | [email protected]
forklift Training on 08443510816