Scissorlift / Mobile Elevated Work Platforms (MEWP) Course
Learn how to safely and effectively operate a Scissorlift in one day. On completion of the course, you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of MEWPs.
The course is suitable for potential and existing operators of MEWPs, who have not had any formal training in the operation and safety measures when using MEWPs. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks and much more.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to persons operating MEWPs in their line of work both safely and efficiently. To enable candidates to inspect, maintain, monitor and use MEWPs effectively.
- Introduction to the course
- Current Health & Safety Legislation covering the operation of MEWPs (including Health & Safety at Work Act, Etc 1974)
- Employers/Employees Duties
- Basic types and specifications of MEWPs (Mobile Elevating, Working Platforms)
- Safe Working loads (SWL) of MEWPs
- Outriggers and stabilisers, including Siting & Stability
- Travelling in operational mode
- Main duties of the operator
- Safety Precautions (including Hazards during: Setting Up, Operating, Electrical / Overhead & other Workplace Hazards)
- Safe Operating Practices (Do’s and Dont’s)
- Daily checks & maintenance
- Safety equipment, including Harness Inspection
- Barriers and signs
- Suspension Trauma
- Evacuation Plans
- Short DVD
- Theoretical Assessment
- Pre Use check of the Equipment and all Personal Protective Equipment
- Travelling with the MEWP
- Setting up the MEWP
- Locating the working platform to working position
- Emergency lowering procedures
- Inspection and servicing
- Practical Test of Competence
Course duration: 1-2 Days
As a result of successful completion of the training programme, delegates will receive certification.