A hydraulic Lorry Loader Crane is primarily a machine fixed to a vehicle, for the purposes of assisting with loading and unloading the vehicle, and for placing loads at ground and at other levels within its operating radius. The Lorry Loader could have either a hook, clamshell bucket or hydraulic clamp). With this course, learn how to safely and effectively operate a lorry loader in one day.
On completion of the course, you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of lorry loaders.
The course is suitable for potential and existing operators of lorry loaders, who have not had any formal training in the operation and safety measures when using lorry loaders. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks and much more.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to persons operating HIABs in their line of work both safely and efficiently. To enable candidates to inspect, maintain, monitor and use lorry loaders effectively.
- Introduction to the course
- Health & Safety at Work Act, Etc. 1974
- LOLER, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998.
- PUWER, Provision and Use of Working Equipment Regulations 1998.
- Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998
- Planning your job and the Stability of the Lorry Loader
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding)
- Lifting plans
- Introduction to Work Equipment, including Specific hazards & controls
- Specific hazards & controls
- The Do’s and Dont’s of Lorry Loader operation
- Short DVD
- Theoretical Assessment
- An introduction to the controls and instruments.
- Pre-Use Checks and Maintenance
- Lifting and transporting a load nearby
- Lifting and transporting a load from distance
- Prepare and secure machine for travel
- Selection and use of attachments
- Load weight assessment
- Lifting and placing loads at various levels and locations
- Basic Hand Signals
- Basic Slinging (If HIAB has a hook attachment)
- Stacking of loads (if the HIAB has a brick clamp attachment)
- Bucket Work & Tipping (if the HIAB has a bucket grab attachment)
- Inspection and servicing
- Practical Test of Competence
Course Duration: 1-2 Days
As a result of successful completion of the training programme, delegates will receive certification.