Abrasive Wheels Course
This course is designed for people who manage and control those who use change or dress Abrasive Wheels, and also user’s of the equipment.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation and changing of Abrasive Wheels.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of Abrasive Wheels. At the course end successful delegates should be able to operate and change an Abrasive wheel both safely and efficiently.
- Health and Safety At Work Act (1974)
- Employers/Employees Duties
- PUWER Regs (1998)
- Hazards in the use of Abrasive Wheels
- Storage of Abrasive Wheels
- Characteristics of Abrasive Wheels
- Types of Abrasives
- Bond Types
- Abrasive Wheel Marking System
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Statutory Regulations which apply to Abrasive Wheels
- Benefits of Training
- Theory Test
Practical Test of Competence which involves the following:
- Changing an Abrasive Wheel
- Dressing an Abrasive Wheel (If Applicable)
Course Duration: 1 – 3 Days
As a result of successful completion of the training & tests delegates will receive certification.