Reach Forklift Truck Operator (D1 or D2)
Learn how to safely and effectively operate a forklift truck in 3 – 5 days.
On completion of the course you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of counterbalance or Reach trucks.
The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks, refuelling and battery procedures, steering, load weight assessment and handling, stacking racking, awkward loads and vehicle loading, and unloading and much more.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to operators of reach trucks, to delegates with less than 6 months or no previous operating experience on rider type lift trucks. At the course end successful delegates should be able to operate the machine both safely and efficiently.
- Introduction & Aims
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act Etc 1974;
- LOLER 1998
- PUWER 1998
- Responsibility of the operator
- Operational Safety Code – “Safety in Working With Lift Trucks”
- Basic Hydraulic & Electrical systems
- Refuelling / Recharging
- Daily Safety Checks & Maintenance
- Site Safety
- Centre of Gravity of the load & Centre of Gravity of the truck
- Capacity plates (reading & understanding.)
- Specific hazards & controls.
- Short DVD
- Knowledge Examination
- Controls and Instruments
- Pre-Use Inspection
- Simple Manoeuvring
- Advanced Manoeuvring
- Stacking & De-stacking (Free & Racking)
- Hydraulic System
- Weight Assessment
- Handling laden & unladen pallets
- Driving on/off ramps
- Battery care and maintenance
- Risk Assessment
- Vehicle Loading and unloading
- Practical Examinations
As a result of successful completion of the training & tests delegates will receive full certification.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 3 per Instructor
To book or make an enquiry, Call NOW!
08443510816 | firstname.lastname@example.org
forklift Training on 08443510816