Lorry Mounted Lift Truck (Moffet) Driver Training (T)
(1000kg to 5000kg) (5000kg and over)
This course is suitable for potential and existing operators of Lorry Mounted Lift Trucks, who have not had any formal training in the operation and safety measures when using the Moffet’s. The course includes machine familiarisation, controls, daily checks and much more. Forklift truck accidents are frequently associated with lack of suitable and sufficient operator training. PUWER 1993(9) requires all people who use such equipment to receive adequate training for its safe use.
On completion of the course, you will be familiar with the basic skill requirements and job safety knowledge required for safe and effective operation of Moffet Lift Trucks.
To teach the basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to persons operating Lorry Mounted Lift Trucks in their line of work both safely and efficiently. To enable candidates to inspect, maintain, monitor and use these trucks effectively.
- Introduction to the course
- Current Legislation, including:
- Health & Safety at Work Act, Etc. 1974
- LOLER, Lifting Operations and Lifting Equipment Regulations 1998
- PUWER, Provision and Use of Working Equipment Regulations 1998
- Code of practice
- Pre Use Checks & Maintenance (Record Keeping and Reporting)
- Introduction to the machine and it’s controls
- Starting / Stopping
- Observational Techniques
- Basic Steering & Steering in Confined Spaces
- Approaching a Load to Pick Up & Place
- Bulk Stacking
- Loading & Unloading a Vehicle
- Place & Retrieve a Load from Industrial Racking Systems (All Heights)
- Re-Fuel / Re-Charge / LPG Changing Bottles
- Short DVD highlighting Operator Safety
- Theoretical Assessment
- An introduction to the controls and instruments.
- Pre-Use Checks and Maintenance in accordance with the manufacturers instructions and the operator’s handbook
- Identify the basic construction and components, and the purpose and use of all its controls and gauges.
- Identify and comply with manufacturers instructions in accordance with the operator’s handbook, other information
- Explain all relevant documentation.
- Carry out all pre-use and running checks.
- Configure the forklift for travel.
- Manoeuvre in confined areas using forward and reverse direction, in a loaded and unloaded state.
- Set the forklift in order to lift various loads.
- Lift and place various loads within the full working range of the forklift.
- Ensure load integrity and security.
- Transport loads.
- Place and retrieve loads accurately at various places.
- Keep within safe working parameters.
- Place the machine in an out-of-service condition.
- Explain the loading and unloading procedures on and off a transporter.
- Inspection and servicing
- Practical Test of Competence
Course duration: Up to 3-5 Days
As a result of successful completion of the training programme, delegates will receive certification.
Maximum Number of Delegates: 3 per Instructor
To book or make an enquiry, Call NOW!
08443510816 | firstname.lastname@example.org
forklift Training on 08443510816